Monday, December 10, 2012

Word of the Day: Flexibility

I made good on practicing during nap-time today, though I'm not sure how productive it was. I snapped my A string tuning the damn thing, so I don't have a reference point to do my G string scales like Fiddlerman suggests. I'd laugh if I weren't so frustrated. 3 strings in 2 days!

I'm running into a bit of trouble trying to get my notes on the G string (and to a lesser extent the D as well). I can find the right finger placement, but my hands just aren't flexible enough right now to hit that last note. I'm also having trouble getting my ring finger to move independently from my middle finger. It can, just not much. I found this exercise that I think will help a lot and so much advice on improving hand flexibility.

Tonight it knit night and I have a few things to do there, but after I get home I plan on practicing some more. Goal for today: get good and comfortable doing E scales. I think I can handle that. Hopefully my husband won't mind too much.

No comments: